So the first proper blog post of the year! Yes it has been a while, yes I’ve been lazy posting and yes you nearly thought I either died or disappeared. Behold! Here I am to make amends and aim to post at least once a week now that I have a lot more free time at hand.
An exciting piece of news that I’d like to share with you all is being nominated for the Liebster Award! I’m so happy to be a nominee. Well to be perfectly honest, it wasn’t all that hard as I am in a Facebook group where a few people were looking to nominate other bloggers and it happened to be that I was in the top 11 comments so no hard work has been put in. But of course, the hard work went into this blog itself, which needs a lot more hard work in my opinion but I do try.
Just want to thank Alfa Lifestyle for the nomination and now it is my turn to answer your questions.
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world who would you want to have as a dinner guest?
Hmm, if I get given the chance of choosing someone in the past it would have to be my grandma (from my mum’s side) as I have never met her in my life (she passed away waaay before I was born into the world). She was a seamstress, or so I’ve heard, and it would be awesome to talk about sewing over the dining table and exchange skills. If it is someone in the present, then of course the Queen B herself, Beyoncé! Nothing more needs to be said. She is flawless.
2. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
A “perfect” day for me would be to wake up, read my Bible and meditate, do a bit of a run and yoga, have a healthy breakfast, do a bit of reading or work, cook lunch, do a photoshoot or work on my magazine, meet up with friends, shopping, get a boyfriend, get engaged, get married, have kids, buy a house, have a thriving career, get promoted in that career, have dinner and… Have I forgotten something? Oh yes, sleep!
3. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
Today, probably an hour or two. Yesterday, where I met someone on Omegle (don’t judge) and he was on his guitar and singing so I joined in harmoniously. Check out my Youtube if you’d like to hear my voice (DISCLAIMER: it’s not that great).
4. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
Family, first thing. And the opportunities I have received since moving to England at the age of 8.
5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised what would it be?
Probably to see my dad more and to spend more time with him. He was away for most of the time I was raised so our relationship haven’t rekindled much thus it would have been nice to have a foundation built on a daughter-father relationship from the beginning. Otherwise, I’d change nothing. I loved my childhood.
6. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability what would it be?
The ability to be unable to put on weight. Or to make it on time to everything. I’m bad at time management.
7. What do you value most in a friendship?
Honesty and loyalty. Other than those, humour and similar amount of interests and craziness.
8. What’s your favourite book? And why?
The Bible, duh.
9. How do you see yourself in 5 years (your personality, and financially )?
In 5 years I’ll be 25, geez! Well I would have graduated by then and hopefully be doing what I love full time – a stylist and owner of a successful magazine (or at least, a thriving one). Financially, I will be able to cope like you know, pay the rent, bills, petrol etc. Personally, I hope to have developed a better tactic to making it to things on time and if I happen to be single still, be happy. If not, still be happy and content.
10. What was your favorite game when you were a kid?
Pretty hard as I didn’t encounter many video games but I was usually outdoors, where kids at this time should be! Not holding flipping iPads like my goodness… Anyway, I loved playing with my barbies back then and this game called “cangklung” in Indonesian where there are shells by each end of the dipped board and you have to drop each one on as you go along. The person who loses all their shells win, I think.
11. If time traveled when you were 1o years old, and you’re here now in 2016, would you be satisfied with the 2016 version of yourself? (This question need a bit of visualisation, or daydreaming, so close your eyes, and imagine that you’re meeting you. Very weird, huh.)
Ooh… That depends what I was like at 10. At 10, I was very naive but I looked at life in a rather mature perspective. I was in Year 5 and I think that yes I would be satisfied with the 2016 version of myself although I probably would say that I was a bit naughty in the past and shouldn’t have done things I did. But hey, we’re all schooling life and regrets just become lessons learnt.
So those are my answers to Alfa Lifestyle’s questions. Now it’s your turn to answer mine! Well done to those who have been nominated by me. These lovely people are:
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- Would you rather die in the cold or heat?
- How would you survive in the condition you mentioned in the previous question?
- If you can resurrect someone, who would it be?
- What kind of animal do you wish existed?
- Best internet trend of 2015?
- Trends that need to happen or come back in 2016?
- If your life were made to be a movie, who would play you and why?
- Would you have many skills that are of normal level or master a skill that you’d be a pro in? What would that/those skill(s) be?
- Which movies and/or books should have never existed?
- What would you like people to remember you for?